This three-day accredited course provides participants with a thorough grounding in PRINCE2 and comprises of three main elements. The first provides coverage of the PRINCE2 principles: the need for structured project management, why pragmatic and intelligent use of methods is so important, and how PRINCE2 can be employed to achieve business-related objectives.
The second element considers the method itself: the structure of PRINCE2, how the major themes and processes work on their own as well as together, and how the roles associated with the PRINCE2 method can be made really effective.
The third element deals with the tailoring of PRINCE2 and explores the need for tailoring the method when introducing it into a different environments and using it in different sizes of project, always bearing in mind the need to keep bureaucracy to a minimum.
The PRINCE2 Foundation course is suitable for anyone who needs to acquire an understanding of the PRINCE2 method, principles, processes, activities and themes. Delegates should ideally have some experience of team leading and basic project management principles. The Foundation exam is a necessary precursor to taking the Practitioner qualification.
All delegates will sit the PRINCE2 Foundation examination (a multiple choice paper) in the late afternoon of the third day of the course. Photo ID is required to take this .
- Multiple choice
- 75 questions per paper
- 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 available) - 50%
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed book.
- What PRINCE2 is and what it is not; PRINCE2 – links with other project/programme management standards. How enhances the possibilities of Project Success. Overview of Tailoring PRINCE2:2009; The PRINCE2 Principles
The Structure of PRINCE2
- Relationship between the PRINCE2 Processes, Activities and Themes; High level PRINCE2 Process map
Project Start Up and Organisation
- How PRINCE2 endeavours to answer the question, ‘Do we have a viable and worthwhile Project?’; How PRINCE2 ensures that the right people are involved with a clearly defined set of responsibilities
Project Initiation and the PID
- The PRINCE2 approach to successfully initiating a project and creating the PID, or Project Baseline
- Setting up the Project Management Team using the Organisation theme
- The importance of the business case. How the business case is created and maintained.
- Planning the project, stage, team activities and exceptions. The PRINCE2 unique product-based framework; Product Based Planning. Staging the project plan
- The approach to risk/opportunity analysis using the Risk theme.
- Ensuring the delivery of a quality product using the quality theme.
- Monitoring & controlling progress. The PRINCE2:2009 control mechanisms that ensure that the project is producing the required products which meet the defined quality criteria, is on schedule and remains viable against its business case
- Dealing with changes
Practitioner Preparation and Application of PRINCE2
Whilst the course is predominantly about achieving Foundation level it will also cover the following:
Explanation of the Practitioner examination; Examination techniques; Question and answer sessions; Revision of major topic
For Locations, Schedule and Cost please CALL or complete the following form:
Other Valuable Certifications:
CCNP | CCNA Security | CCNP Security | CCIE R&S | CCIE Security