The Practitioner is the second of the two PRINCE2 examinations you are required to pass to become a PRINCE2 Practitioner. This is a two day course for those who have passed the PRINCE2 Foundation Exam (and 2005 Practitioner)
Day one of this course covers detailed exam scenarios and sample questions, on the second day delegates sit the exam at 13:00 You must also be familiar with the APMG Terms and Conditions of Certification which can be found here on the APMG International website.
Delegates will learn how to
- Understand the philosophy and structure of PRINCE2
- Understand the benefits that can accrue from the implementation of a structured project management method such as PRINCE2
- Explain the PRINCE2 process model
- Understand the PRINCE2 themes
- Create a Project Brief
- Create a Project Organisation Structure
- Initiate a project and create Project Initiation Documentation
- Appreciate the use of PRINCE2 products and plans
- Apply progress control mechanisms
- Appreciate the principles of PRINCE2 Quality Management
- Apply change control mechanisms
- Realise the importance of Configuration Managementuse the PRINCE2 Risk Management approach
- Tune PRINCE2:2009 for differing environments
- To attend this course you must have already passed PRINCE2 Foundation
- To book on this PRINCE2 Practitioner course, delegates must provide details of their PRINCE2 Foundation exam by presenting their candidate number or certificate to the instructor at the beginning of the course. Please note: You must bring signed photo ID with you on exam days (passport, driving licence, student card) as you will be asked to produce it by the invigilator prior to the exam.
The purpose of the practitioner qualification is to confirm you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2 in a scenario situation.
- Objective testing
- 9 questions per paper, 12 marks available per question
- 59 marks required to pass (out of 108 available) – 55%
- Two-and-a-half hours duration
- Open-book examination (only the PRINCE2 Manual is allowed).
The first day of this course covers detailed exam scenarios and sample questions, on the second day delegates sit the exam at 13:00.
During the first day the participants will be given exam scenarios and questions similar to those they will face in the practitioner exam. Each question session will be preceded by an overview of the question topic(s) covering the main points of the process, activities or theme being tested.
This will be a structured day offering opportunities for practitioner exam candidates to try out different styles of exam questions. The event manager will provide help and support throughout this time. It will be expected that candidates supplement the learning from day 1 of the course by completing personal study in the evening.
Day Two (Delegates sit exams at 13:00)
This examination is aiming to measure whether a candidate would be able to apply PRINCE2 to the running and managing of a project within an environment supporting the method. To this end they need to exhibit the competence required for the Foundation qualification, and show that they can apply and tune PRINCE2 to address the needs and problems of a specific project scenario, specifically, candidates must be able to:
- Produce detailed explanations of all processes, activities and themes, and worked examples of all PRINCE2 products as they might be applied to address the particular circumstances of a given project scenario.
- Show they understand the relationships between processes, activities, themes and PRINCE2 products and can apply this understanding.
- Demonstrate that they understand the reasons behind the processes, components and techniques of PRINCE2 and that they understand the principles underpinning these elements.
- Demonstrate their ability to tune PRINCE2 to different project circumstances.
For Locations, Schedule and Cost please CALL or complete the following form:
Other Valuable Certifications:
CCNP | CCNA Security | CCNP Security | CCIE R&S | CCIE Security